RecruitGenius.ai (together with CREATIVE XYZ, INC. and any of its affiliated companies – “RecruitGenius.ai” “we” or “us” recognizes the importance of maintaining the privacy and security of personal data that we collect.
RecruitGenius.ai provides a video interviewing platform through which employers can interview candidates and manage the hiring process.
1. User Data relating to individuals who are employees or users on behalf of our corporate customers (“Customers”), who are registered to the Services and use them to engage with Candidates, conduct video interviews, and determine their suitability to the job while receiving relevant insights through the Services (“User” or “Users”);
2. Candidate Data relating to individuals whose job candidacy is evaluated through the Services by the relevant User (“Candidate” or “Candidates”);
3. Website Visitor, CRM & Prospects Data relating to visitors of our website, participants at our events, partners, investors, applicant for a position at RecruitGenius.ai, or any prospective partner or investor, User or Candidate who visits or otherwise interacts with any of our websites, mobile application, online ads, and content, emails or other communications under our control (“Sites”); and
4. Communication Data in relation to our Services.
1. Data Collection
2. Data Uses
3. Data Location & Retention
4. Data Sharing
5. Cookies & Tracking Technologies
7. Data Security
8. Data Subject Rights
10. Additional Notice & Contact Details
You are not legally required to provide us with any personal data, and may do so (or avoid doing so) at your own discretion. If you do not wish to provide us with your personal data, or to have it processed by us or any of our Service Providers (defined in Section 4) as described below, please refrain from accessing, using or registering for our Services. If you are a User using the Services on behalf of a Customer, we suggest that you contact the User’s account administrator with any questions about the Service. You should also let your account administrator know if you do not want to be registered to the Services.
1. Data Collection
(i) User’s Data: Our Services enable Users to create a job listing and review Candidates’ suitability to the job by receiving information, evaluating the interactions of the Candidate
with the Services, and gaining insights and inferences based on the above information. RecruitGenius.ai collects the following types of personal data relating to such Users –
- User Profile Information – full name, job title, profession, contact information such as mobile phone number and email address, demographic information such as location, post code, preferences and interests, profile picture and any content included in an organization video presentation a User might upload to the Services;
- Usage Information – connectivity, technical and aggregated usage data and activity logs, log-in and log-out time, IP addresses, device and mobile app data (such as type, OS, device ID, app version, browser version, locale, time-zone and language settings used), session recordings and analytics, and the cookies and pixels installed or utilized on the device;
- Recruitment Process Data – personal data collected or created by the Services by interactions between the User, the Candidate(s) and the Services;
(ii) Candidate Data: We collect certain personal data on Candidates who use our Services as a part of their candidacy process. Our Services also create personal data based on the evaluation of Candidates and information provided to us by Users. When using the Services as a Candidate, we collect and create the following types of personal data-
- Candidate Profile Information – we collect full name and contact information, such as email address and mobile phone number, and the job listing to which the Candidate has applied;
- CV Data – we may collect Candidate’s resume and any personal data contained therein;
- Video Data – we may collect video of the Candidate who participates in a video-based interview, video-based questionnaire, or when he or her uploads an intro video introducing themselves to the User/Customer/recruiter who created the job through the Services. In addition to the video footage, we may also collect images and transcripts we derive from such video;
- Recruitment Process Data – personal data collected or created by the Services by interactions between the User, the Candidate(s) and the Services, including evaluations, scores and ratings assigned to Candidates by the Services and/or the Users;
(iii) Website Visitor, CRM & Prospect Data: We collect the following types of personal data concerning our website visitors, Users, Candidates, partners, investors and prospects–
- Usage Information – connectivity, technical and aggregated usage data, such as User agent, IP addresses, device data (like type, OS, device ID, browser version, locale and language settings used), activity logs, session recordings, and the cookies and pixels installed or utilized on our Sites and/or their device;
- Business Account Information – contact, contractual and billing details concerning our Users, which may also contain the details of their internal focal persons who directly engaged with us on behalf of the Customer, e.g., the account administrators, billing contacts and authorized signatories on behalf of the Customer; as well as details concerning their needs and preferences, as identified by us or recognized through our engagement with them;
- Information Concerning Our Prospects – contact and business details, our communications with such prospects (correspondences, call and video recordings, call transcripts, and analyses thereof), as well as any needs, preferences, attributes and insights relevant to our potential engagement;
(iv) Communications Data (with Users, Candidates, prospects etc.): We collect direct interactions and communications with us (including recordings and transcripts of your calls, emails, form submissions and chats with us, e.g., for customer service, user enablement, feedback, support and training purposes or otherwise via Linkedln or Facebook).
We collect the personal data mentioned above either directly, through your interaction with us or with our Sites or Services; or through third-party services, social media, analytics tools, events we organize or participate in, and other business initiatives.
2. Data Uses
We use personal data as necessary for the facilitation and performance of our Services; to comply with our legal and contractual obligations; and to support our legitimate interests in maintaining and improving our Services; providing customer service and technical support; and protecting and securing our Users, Candidates, partners, investors, ourselves, and our Services.
Generally, we use personal data as processors, which means that we will use it on behalf of our Customer and in order to provide them with our Services. When we use personal data as processors, the processing of such data is also governed by the agreement we have with our Customers, partners, or investors. However, we use certain personal data, such as User Profile Information, Video Data and the Website Visitor, CRM & Prospect Data as a data controller, which means that we will use such personal data for our own purposes, such as improving and enhancing our platform and Services. Additional information about the roles we take when processing personal data can be found in Section 9 below. Specifically, we use personal data for the following purposes:
a) To facilitate, operate, and provide our platform and services;
b) To authenticate the identity of our Users and Candidates, and to allow them to access and use our Services;
c) To provide assistance and support to our Users and Candidates;
d) To share your data with our Service Providers (as defined in Section 4);
e) To gain a better understanding on how you use and interact with our Services, and how we can improve the user experience for you and others, and continue improving our products, offerings and the overall performance of our Services;
f) To contact you with general or personalized service-related messages, as well as promotional messages that may be of specific interest to you (as further described in Section 6 below);
g) To facilitate, sponsor and offer events;
h) To support and enhance our data security measures, including for the purposes of preventing and mitigating the risks of fraud, error or any illegal or prohibited activity;
i) To create aggregated statistical data, inferred non-personal data or anonymized or pseudonymized data (rendered non-personal), which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services, or for any other purpose; and
j) To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
3. Data Location & Retention
Data Location: Given the fact that RecruitGenius.ai operates in many jurisdictions worldwide, your personal data may be maintained, processed and stored by us and our authorized Service Providers (defined below) in multiple locations, including in the United Kingdom, the United States, within the European Union, Australia, Israel, and other jurisdictions, as reasonably necessary for the proper performance and delivery of our Services, or as may be required by law.
Data Retention: We will retain your personal data for as long as it is reasonably necessary for us to maintain and broaden our relationship with you, and provide you with our Services and offerings; in order to comply with our legal and contractual obligations; and to protect ourselves from any potential disputes; as required by laws applicable to our operations, and in order to have proof and evidence concerning our relationship, should any legal issues arise following your discontinuance of use, all in accordance with our contractual terms and data retention policy.
Please note that except as required by applicable law or our specific agreements with you, we will not be obligated to retain your personal data for any particular period, and we are free to securely delete it, anonymize it, or restrict access to it for any reason and at any time, with or without notice to you. If you have any questions about our data retention policy, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected].
4. Data Sharing
Legal Compliance: In exceptional circumstances, we may disclose or allow government and law enforcement officials access to your personal data, in response to a subpoena, search warrant or court order (or similar requirement) and where such disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Such disclosure or access may occur if we believe in good faith that: (a) we are legally compelled to do so; (b) disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing; or (c) such disclosure is required to protect the security or integrity of our Services.
Service Providers: We engage selected third-party companies and individuals to perform services complementary to our own. Such Service Providers may provide hosting and server co-location services, communications and content delivery networks (CDNs), billing and payment processing services, data and cyber security services, fraud detection and prevention services, web and mobile analytics, e-mail, text messages and web/mobile notification distribution, monitoring and analytics services, data optimization and marketing services, social and advertising networks, content providers, e-mail, voicemails, support and customer relation management systems, call and session recording services, and our legal, financial and compliance advisors (collectively, “Service Providers“).
Our Service Providers shall be deemed as ‘processors’ in circumstances where RecruitGenius.ai assumes the role of ‘controller’; and where RecruitGenius.ai acts as the ‘processor’, the Service Provider shall be deemed our ‘sub-processor’, as further described in Section 9 below.
Sharing data between Users and Candidates: In order to provide our Services, we also share certain details about Users and Candidates with each other. This is required to connect between Users and Candidates based on job applications, preferences, location, profession, roles, work experience, or other parameters.
Sharing of data between Users from the same Customer: In order to provide our Services, Users relating to the same Customer may elect to share personal data pertaining to Candidates with each other. This is required to assist in the recruitment process.
Protecting Rights and Safety: We may share your personal data with others if we believe in good faith that this will help protect the rights, property, or personal safety of RecruitGenius.ai, any of our Users, partners or Candidates, or any members of the general public.
For the avoidance of doubt, RecruitGenius.ai may share your personal data in additional manners, pursuant to your explicit approval, or if we are legally obligated to do so, or if we have rendered such data non-personal and/or anonymous. We may transfer, share or otherwise use non-personal data at our sole discretion and without the need for further approval.
5. Cookies & Tracking Technologies
Cookies are packets of information sent to your web browser and then sent back by the browser each time it accesses the server that sent the cookie. Some cookies are removed when you close your browser session. These are the “Session Cookies.” Some last for longer periods and called “Persistent Cookies.” We use both types.
We use Persistent Cookies to remember your log-in details and make it easier for you to log-in the next time you access the Services. We may use this type of cookies and Session Cookies for additional purposes, to facilitate the use of the Services’ features and tools.
Please note that if you get a new computer or device, install a new browser, erase or otherwise alter your browser’s cookie file (including upgrading certain browsers), you may also clear the opt-out cookies installed once you opt-out, so an additional opt-out will be necessary to prevent additional tracking.
Service Communications: We may send you notifications (through any of the means available to us, including by email, SMS or through our platform) of changes or updates to our Services, billing issues, service changes, etc. However, please note that you will not be able to opt-out of receiving certain service communications which are integral to the operation of our Services and your use thereof (like customer support communications).
Promotional Communications: We may also notify you about new features, additional offerings, better ways to use the Services, events and special opportunities or any other information we think you will find valuable. We may provide such notices through any of the contact means available to us (e.g., phone, SMS, mobile notifications or e-mail), through the Services, or through our marketing campaigns on any other sites or platforms.
If you do not wish to receive such promotional communications, you may notify RecruitGenius.ai at any time by contacting us at [email protected] .
7. Data Security
We and our hosting services implement systems, applications and procedures to secure your personal data, and to reduce the risks of theft, damage, loss of data, or unauthorized access or use of personal data. These measures are aimed to provide sound industry standard security. However, although we make efforts to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee that the Services will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
8. Data Subject Rights
If you wish to exercise your rights under any applicable law to request access to, and rectification or erasure of your personal data held with [email protected], or to restrict or object to such personal data’s processing, or to port such personal data or to exercise the right to equal services and prices (each to the extent available to you under the laws which apply to you), please contact us at [email protected] .If you are a GDPR-protected individual, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in the territory applicable to you.
When you ask us to exercise any of your rights under this policy or applicable law, we may need to ask you to provide us certain credentials to make sure that you are who you claim you are, to avoid disclosure to you of personal data related to others and to ask you to provide further information to better understand the nature and scope of the data to which your request pertains. Such additional information will be then retained by us for legal purposes (e.g., as proof of the identity of the person submitting the request), in accordance with Section 3 above.
We may redact from the data which we will make available to you, any personal data or confidential information related to others.
Certain data protection laws and regulations, such as the GDPR or the CCPA, typically distinguish between two main roles for parties processing personal data: the “controller” (or the “business” under the CCPA), which determines the purposes and means of processing; and the “data processor” (or the “service provider” under the CCPA), which processes the data on behalf of the controller. Below we explain how these roles apply to our Services, to the extent that such laws and regulations apply.
RecruitGenius.ai is the “data processor” of Recruitment Process Data, whether related to a User or Candidate. In such instances, our Customers shall be deemed the “data controller” of such data, and RecruitGenius.ai will process such data on the Customers’ behalf, as its “data processor”, in accordance with its reasonable instructions, and the commercial and data processing agreements executed between RecruitGenius.ai and such Users (as applicable). RecruitGenius.ai’s Service Providers shall then act as designated sub-processors in these instances. RecruitGenius.ai’s Customers will be responsible for meeting any legal requirements applicable to controllers (such as obtaining their consent or establishing other legal basis for processing).
10. Additional Notices & Contact Details
Our Services are not designed to attract children under the age of 16: We do not knowingly collect personal data from children and do not wish to do so. If we learn that a person under the age of 16 is using the Services, we will attempt to prohibit and block such use and will make our best efforts to promptly delete any personal data stored with us with regard to such child. If you believe that we might have any such data, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected] .
If you are a GDPR-protected individual, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in the EU or in the UK as applicable to you.
- 206 West Lexington, Chicago, Illinois, 60607, United States Of America.
- Suite 1, 4 Dransfield Road, Edensor Park, Sydney, NSW 2176, Australia